Jessica Murnane created Know Your Endo course after receiving messages from women all over the world that had read her cookbook One Part Plant. So many said that her recipes helped them get out of bed again, finally helped them manage their disease, and not feel so alone. BUT they wanted more! What other ways could they help themselves besides food? They also were seeking more community to connect with others going through the same thing. Know Your Endo was born.
- This course is here to help create management tools through food, stress-management, movement, natural products, alternative therapy, and truly understanding this condition.
- This is course is not a replacement for surgery, it is a toolkit to use everyday to help manage symptoms. The same tools Jessica uses every single day with her Stage IV endometriosis.
- This course is not a cure and will not “heal” anyone.
What is endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a disorder where the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus grows on the outside. It usually involves the ovaries, bowel, or the tissue lining your pelvis, though sometimes it can spread beyond the pelvic region. During your menstrual cycle, this displaced tissue thickens, breaks down, and bleeds. Because this tissue has no way to exit the body, it becomes trapped. This can lead to cyst formation, adhesions, and pain.
It takes an average of 10 years and 8 doctors to be diagnosed with endometriosis.
It’s often misdiagnosed as appendicitis, colon and ovarian cancer, fibroids, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and/or sexually transmitted diseases. That’s why it’s critical for people to know, understand, and be vocal about their symptoms. Education and awareness can lead to early detection.
Painful periods (cramping, pelvic and leg pain, lower-back and abdominal pain)
Painful bowel movements or urination
Fatigue and chronic pain
Diarrhea and constipation
Nausea and vomiting
Urinary frequency, retention, or urgency
Pain during or after sex
Infertility (though many women can still have children)
Allergies and other immune-related issues are also commonly reported
- 1 in 10 women* have endometriosis.
that includes girls as well as trans, non-binary, and gender non-conforming people.
- 90% of people with endo experience GI symptoms. Many people have seen great success
to help manage symptoms with an anti-inflammatory and whole foods diet.
- There is no cure. A person may experience one or all of the symptoms above, but one can
be all it takes to be disruptive to their work, relationships, and everyday activities
What comes with Know Your Endo course enrollment?
5-week online endo toolkit program:
Week One: Know Your Endo
Week Two: Good Food
Week Three: Movement
Week Four: Stress Management
Week Five: Natural Products + Alternative Medicine
Weekly lessons include…
- Audio lesson from Jessica and printable transcript + resources pages
- Interviews and guidance with top wellness experts such as yogi Kathryn Budig, Meika Hollender (founder of Sustain), Maya Elisabeth (founder of Om Edibles and Whoopi + Maya), pelvic floor expert Heeba Shaheed and more!
- 3 bonus tutorial videos
- 8 of Jessica’s favorite easy anti-inflammatory recipes to ease into a whole foods diet
- Access to private community page to connect with other classmates
- 2 Live Q+A group sessions with Jessica
- Special discounts from Jessica’s favorite endo-friendly brands
Q I want to take the course, but I’m really busy right now. Can I fit it into my crazy schedule?
A: The beauty of this course is that you have access to it whenever it’s convenient for you. We do recommend completing the modules while the course is in session to take advantage of the live Q&A sessions with Jessica…but even these will be recorded, and you can access them at anytime! After enrolling, you’ll have unlimited access to the course for as long as you like (across all devices you own). You’ll also have access to updates if content is added for future sessions.
Q: What if I’m unhappy with the course?
A: If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days – and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Q: Will this program make my endo go away/stop spreading?
No. This is not a cure for endo and these tools will not make it go away or stop it from spreading. Proper excision surgery is the only way for your endo to be removed. The focus of this program is to create a practical management plan with tools you can use daily to feel better and help keep your disease from defining you.
Q: How do I know this will work?
A: You don’t. I don’t know either. Every single body is different. But what I do know is that these tools will give you a good foundation for feeling your best. I would ask yourself – if using these tools could make you feel even 20%, 30%, 50% better, would that be worth the effort? If the answer is yes, I would sign up. If the answer is no, this program is not for you.
Q: I’m a transgender/non-binary/gender non-conforming person. Am I welcome?
A: YES. The program is designed for everyone that lives with endometriosis.